Located in the middle of Hainan Island, Wuzhi Mountain is the highest mountain in Hainan, with an altitude of 1,867 meters. Its five peaks are waving like five fingers and this is how the Wuzhi Mountain (Five Fingers Mountain in Chinese) got its name. Wuzhi Mountain is one of the most famous mountains in China and the symbol of Hainan. The serve is known as a “natural oxygen bar” with 7,000 negative oxygen ions per cubic centimeter in air. It is also classified as a Class A tourist attraction by international tourism organizations and provides an ideal destination for natural adventures and green tourism.
Wuzhi Mountain has abundant tropical forest resources and it is the source of the Changhua River and Wanquan River. It is not too cold in winter or too hot in summer, with an average annual rainfall of 2,444 mm and an average annual temperature of 22.4°C. It is popular among tourists not just for its fascinating scenery but also for its great mystery. As one of the ecosystems with the richest biodiversity, the forest is home to 2,146 species of wild vascular plants and 289 species of terrestrial vertebrates. Its reputation of unique tropical landscape, climate and ethnic customs has spread beyond the island and the country.
(II) Travel Time
Visitors can experience the distinct beauty of the park all year round. During the rainy season (May-October), it is sunny in the morning and rainy in the afternoon. You are advised to bring everything you need.
The Wuzhi Mountain reserve is conveniently accessible by Haikou-Yulin (West) Highway and Central Hainan Ring Expressway. It is about 83 kilometers from Sanya City and 160 kilometers from Haikou City. Coaches departing from the Haikou South Railway Station to the reserve are available every day.
1. Wuzhi Mountain Rainforest Walkway: 32 km from Wuzhishan City, about 50 minutes’ drive.
2. Wuzhi Mountain Grand Canyon Rafting: 25 km from Wuzhishan City, about 30 minutes’ drive.
(I) Wuzhi Mountain Butterfly Ranch
The tropical rainforest in Wuzhi Mountain is an ideal habitat for butterflies. More than 600 species of butterflies are living here, accounting for 50% of the country’s butterfly species, 70% of which are ornamental butterflies that are large in size, gorgeous in color and unique in appearance.
(II) Wuzhi Mountain Grand Canyon Rafting
Rafting in the Grand Canyon is one of the most exciting things to do in Wuzhi Mountain. Think about a breathtaking tour through the green hills in the bright sun. You are just so close to nature.
(III) Tropical Rainforest Scenic Area
Come and explore the giant trees, the climbing vines and exotic flowers and plants everywhere.
Treat yourself to some wonderful local dishes such as five-legged pig, chicken, mushroom soup, duck, yellow cattle, dried beef, namdua, and wild vegetables.
Yatai Rainforest Hotel on the Wuzhi Mountain and many other hotels and inns in the Shuiman Town will suit your need for accommodation.
(I) One-day eco tour
Wooded/Stone Walkway -- Observation Platform -- Dacrydium pierrei Hickel Forest -- Sacred Wood -- Zhemu Fori Stele --Source of Changhua River
(II) Two-day leisure tour
Wuzhi Mountain Grand Canyon Rafting -- Wuzhi Mountain Butterfly Ranch -- Wooded/Stone Walkway -- Observation Platform -- Dacrydium pierrei Hickel Forest -- Sacred Wood -- Zhemu Fori Stele
(Ⅲ) Two-day adventure tour
Wuzhi Mountain Grand Canyon Rafting -- Source of Changhua River -- Wuzhi Mountain Rainforest Walkway -- Wuzhi Mountain Butterfly Ranch
1. Permits are required for picking and wildlife specimen collection. No climbing.
2. No flammable objects inside. Do not carve tree bark or stone. Do not catch or intimidate wild animals (insects). Do not make unnecessary noise or chase for fun. Place your rubbish in the available waste bins.
3. Please stay away from the edge of the walkways without protective guard.
4. Permission is required to organize camping or other outdoor activities in the forest.
5. All outdoor activities are prohibited in extreme weather conditions such as typhoons, rainstorms, heavy fog, thunderstorms and strong winds.
6. Children and the elderly must be accompanied by families. Carry a travel medicine kit just in case. Take enough clothes to keep warm as temperature varies widely from day to night in the forest.
National Park of Hainan Tropical Rainforest
© Management Office of the National Park of Hainan Tropical Rainforest. All rights reserved.
Address: Forestry Department of Hainan Province, No.80, Haifu Road, Meilan District, Haikou, Hainan
ICP License No.: 琼ICP备17004007号-2
Hainan Networking Filing No.: 46010802000541
Website designed and developed by: Hinew.cn